PPKS/i-CATS Bowling Tournament Fosters Camaraderie Among Staff Members
Article by Corporate Communication Unit, PPKS
On 25 January 2019, the Sports, Recreation and Social Club (SRSC) of Pusat Pembangunan Kemahiran Sarawak (PPKS) organized a bowling tournament for staff members. Held at the Riverside Superbowl in Kuching, 10 teams comprising eighty (80) staff members from the PPKS Group of Companies participated in the tournament.
Sharing her thoughts on the tournament, Puan Hajah Hamdiah Haji Sazali, President of the PPKS Sport, Recreation and Social Club highlighted, “We are greatly encouraged by the positive response of our staff members from PPKS and various subsidiary companies such as the Automotive and Welding Institute of Sarawak (AWISAR), the International College of Advanced Technology Sarawak (i-CATS) and the Sarawak Electrical Industry Training Institute (SEITI).” She added, “A number of staff activities and events have taken place and more to come. This will go a long way to foster camaraderie among our staff members and contribute to the enhancement of our work environment.”
The results of the bowling tournament are as follows:
1. Champion (Group): Software Team - Team Leader: Mr. Mahathir Bin Abang [Total: 931 pinfalls].
2. 1st Runner-up (Group): Mechatronic Team - Team Leader: Mr. Hallman Bin Haji Sabri [Total: 884 pinfalls].
3. 2nd Runner-up (Group): Culinary Team - Team leader: Dr. Leo Sing Lim [Total: 821 pinfalls].
4. Highest Pinfalls (Men’s Category) - Welding Team: Mr. Tony@Geling Anak Empurai.
5. Highest Pinfalls (Women’s Category) - Electrical Team: Ms Shalizza Fadzellawaty Binti Yahya.
Prize giving ceremony