Certificate : Certificate in Safety and Health Officer [CiSHO]
Duration : 6 Month [3 Months Theory : 3 Months Industry Attachment]
Occupational Safety and Health Management at the workplace is a serious issue and it is a legal requirement under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 and Factory & Machinery Act 1967. Failure to comply by an organisation result in monetary penalty. Imprisonment or both apart from causing bodily injury or even death to an employee, monetary loss due to damage of property, stop work and deteriorating of moral spirit among employees.
Department of Safety and Health record shown that Sarawak even Malaysia as a whole id facing shortage of trained safety personnel to fulfill the ends of the many organization and companied available. In Sarawak, with the implementation of SCORE there will be high demand of trained and competent Safety and Health Officer. With the implementation of these programs. Sarawak will have the much required Safety and Health Officer to fulfill the shortage.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to :
• Gain in-path professional knowledge and skills for sound and effective Safety and Health Management practices;
• Enhance the legal knowledge pertaining to Safety and Health and be acquainted with necessary know-bow and techniques for performing various Safety and Health activities;
• Gain opportunities for career advancement and development in Safety and Health within the organisations.
• Be prepared for Safety and Health Officer examination conducted by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH).
About The Program:
The trainees will undergo three  months classroom based training in Sarawak Skills and another three  months of Industrial Attachment at selected companies that have Safety and Health Management System. Sarawak Skills will also assist the trainees to be absorbed into the related company during their industrial training. Each trainee will be awarded with a Certificate in Safety and Health Officer form the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health [NIOSH] upon passing the examination. This is the first step towards becoming a competent Safety and Health Officer level which is well sought after by any organisations.
The Program Module:
Candidates who fulfill the following requirement are eligible to enroll for this course:
• Age must be 21 to 35 years old.
• Diploma/Degree obtained from any educational institutions which are recognized by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia preferably in technical or science background such as Mechanical, Manufacturing, Manufacturing, Process, Electrical and Electronic, Instrumentation Technology, Mechatronics, Marine and other related course.
• Must be physically and mentally fit;
• Health status-free form chronicle illness;
• Fresh graduated unemployed graduates and retrenched or VSS graduates.
A trained and competent Safety and Health Officer will have a broad job market prospect from the manufacturing sectors, retail and trading, services, hospitality even government agencies as stated in the First Schedule [Sub-section 1] of the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 and on top of that they can also become a trainer, consultant and risk management personnel.
Jalan Canna, Off Jalan Wan Alwi, Tabuan Jaya, 93350 Kuching, Sarawak
Block 1, MCLD, Jalan Shell, Lutong, 98000 Miri, Sarawak.
Lot 21, Mukah Light Industrial Estate, 96400 Mukah, Sarawak.
AWISAR SDN BHD
Lot 1265, Block 8,MTLD Demak Laut Industrial Estate Phase II, Off Jalan Bako, 93050 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
SEITI SDN BHD
FL 1, Lot 6673, Jalan Tabuan Jaya, Tabuan Laru Commercial Centre, 93350 Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia
AGRITECH SKILLS SDN BHD
TB 15129 - TB15132 Block A6, Lorong Bandar Sri Indah 6, Bandar Sri Indah, Batu 10, Jalan Apas, 91000 Tawau, Sabah
SAVTI SDN BHD
KM 48, Miri-Bintulu Road Kabuloh, P.O. Box 1022, Boulevard Post Office 98000 MIri, Sarawak, Malaysia