INDUSTRIAL SKILLS ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM (INSEP)
Certificate: Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health Officer (CiSHO)
Duration: 6 Months [ 3 months Theory : 3 months OJT / Industrial Attachment]
Number of trainees per session: 20 Trainees per session , Batch 3/2017 & Batch 4/2017
Occupational Safety and Health Management at the workplace is a serious issue and it is a legal requirement under the Occupational Safety and Health Act 1994 and Factory & Machinery Act 1967. Failure to comply by an organization result in monetary penalty, imprisonment or both apart from causing bodily injury or even death to an employee, monetary loss due to damage of property, stop work and deteriorating of moral spirit among employees. Department of Safety and Health record shows that Sarawak even Malaysia as a whole is facing shortage of trained safety personnel to fulfill the needs of the many organization and companies available. In Sarawak, with the implementation of SCORE there will be high demands of trained and competent Safety and Health Officer. With the implementation of these programs, Sarawak will have the much required Safety and Health Officers to fulfill the shortage.
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Gain in-depth professional knowledge and skills for sound and effective Occupational Safety and Health Management practices
- Enhance the legal knowledge pertaining to Occupational Safety and Health and be acquainted with necessary know-how and techniques for performing various Occupational Safety and Health activities
- Gain Opportunities for career advancement and development in Occupational Safety and Health within the organizations
- Be prepared for Safety and Health Officer examination conducted by the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
About The Program:
The trainees will undergo a three (3) months classroom based training in PPKS and another three (3) months of Industrial Attachment at selected companies especially companies that have Safety and Health Management System such as Taiyo Yuden, X-Fab, Shell, Petronas, Sarawak Energy and many more companies in Sarawak and the region. PPKS will also assist the trainees to be absorbed into the related company during their industrial training. Each trainee will be awarded with a Certificate in Safety and Health Officer from the National Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) upon passing the examination. This is the first step towards becoming a competent Safety and Health Officer level which is well sought after by any organizations.
Candidates who fulfill the following requirement are eligible to enroll for this course:
- Diploma and degree obtained from any educational institutions which are recognised by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia; preferably in engineering background such as Mechanical, Manufacturing, Process, Electrical and Electronics, Instrumentation Technology, Mechatronics, Marine, Software and other related course.
- Must be physically and mentally fit; and
- Health Status – free from chronicle illness.
- Fresh graduates, unemployed graduates and retrenched or VSS graduates.
A trained and competent Safety and Health Officer will have a broad job market prospect from the manufacturing sectors, retail and trading, services, hospitality and even government agencies as stated in the First Schedule [ Sub-section 1(2)] of the Occupational Safety and health Act 1994 and on top of that they can also become a trainer, consultant and risk management personnel.
For more details please contact:
Melissa Ann (email@example.com)
Suzie Edward (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tel: 082 – 362475 / 361535