Who We Are
Sarawak Skills Development Centre (SSDC) or Pusat Pembangunan Kemahiran Sarawak (PPKS) was established in June 1994 saw the mutual agreement between the state government and relevant local industry experts to materialize an objective of producing well-trained, skill-full and competence workforce by offering training programmes which are practical and skill-based and technically competent in all professional areas.
With a strong backing and support from both the State and Federal governments, PPKS is a non-government organization which is highly passionate to serve the State’s initiatives to churn out highly-competent and skilled workforce towards ensuring an overall vision of growth and upbringing.
- 40,000 over graduates since 1994
- 10 training and learning centre statewide.
- 38 approved courses in skills training and academics.
- Collaboration with international and local learning institutions.
- Appointed Private Vocational College by Ministry of Education.
- Employability rate of 85% within 1 year upon completion of studies.
- More than 23 programmes as 5-Star and 4-Star Rating from Department of Skills Development Malaysia (Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran)
- Strong industries support from PPKS’s Members, comprise 59 members of various industries.
- Conduct Technical Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (TAME) Programme in Sarawak.
- Approved training provider for SME Corporation Grant Scheme in Sarawak.
- Winner of Human Resource Minister Award 2015 (Training Provider Category) by Ministry of Human Resources Malaysia.